Environmental Apprentice - Ref: EE25618
Environmental Apprentice – Ref: EE25618
National Minimum Wage for Age
25 and over: £7.83 per hour
21 to 24: £7.38 per hour
18 to 20: £5.90 per hour
Under 18: £4.20 per hour
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals who wish to pursue a career in environmental services including grounds maintenance, street cleansing and waste management & recycling. The apprenticeship will be for a fixed term of two years including the attainment of an environmental qualification in sustainable resource management.
Main Activities include:
To learn, develop skills and undertake clean & green operations including but not limited to:
- Waste bin collections, recycling, dealing with contamination, commercial waste collections, bin delivery, bulky item collections, garden waste/composting, MRF (Materials recycling facilities, Energy from Waste, Landfill, transfer station.
- Grounds maintenance – grass cutting, hedge maintenance, fine turf, sports pitch maintenance, border maintenance, vegetation control, parks & countryside services
- Arboriculture – tree maintenance
- Cemeteries maintenance and burials
- Fleet Services – appreciation of fleet & plant management and maintenance
- Street Cleansing – litter picking, street sweeping, fly tip removal
During the term of the apprenticeship the employee will work across all disciplines within Clean & Green Services over a rolling four monthly cycle along with attaining an Environmental academic qualification.
Interested candidates should possess:
- Minimum GCSE grade D, Maths and English
- Required to complete a BKSB initial assessment as part of the interview process
- Work towards attaining an appropriate Health and Safety Qualification
Work towards attaining an Industry qualification in an Environmental service
Work towards attaining - Driving Licence
- Work towards attaining - Driver related industry knowledge including reversing assistance, working time directives and drivers hours rules, data recording and record keeping (tachographs), Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), practical driving experience.
Closing date: 5 November 2018Supporting documents
Job description & employee specification
Information for applicants