Customer Service Assistant x5
We are currently looking for Customer Service Assistants to join our Local Centres. We are looking for people who can share our council vision for local neighbourhood working and be at the heart of delivering excellent neighbourhood and customer services.
You will need to show a passion for high performance and partnership working that enables the delivery of service around individual customer needs and enable a positive customer experience. The post holders will be responsible for providing a high quality customer focused service for all service users at first point of contact.
The post holders must possess:
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 1 as a minimum or equivalent
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for delivering an excellent customer focused service in a polite and courteous manner
- To receive enquiries in person, by telephone, electronically and in writing from customers, members, agencies, partners and to resolve first time where ever possible. To signpost to relevant services where appropriate
- Assist with other administrative duties as required by the needs of the service or requested by management i.e.signups, housing advice, matching properties etc.
Skills we are looking for:
- Knowledge of standards and good practice in customer services
- Knowledge of IT systems and packages
- Willingness to work outside normal office hours, including evenings and weekends, as required
- Proven qualitative experience of dealing with the public face to face
- Experience in dealing with complex issues over the telephone
- Experience of using modern ICT packages
2x 37 hours per week at Smethwick Local Office
2x 37 hours per week at Rowley Local Office
1x 37 hours per week at Tipton Local Office
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Information for Applicants