Regulatory Compliance Manager
The West Midlands Pension Fund is one of the UK’s largest pension Funds providing, from its base in Wolverhampton, local authority pension benefits for employees across the West Midlands. The Fund manages and administers the pension interests of over 300,000 scheme members, over 600 employers and currently has over £15.5 billion in assets under management.
Working at the Fund, employees have a wealth of opportunities to develop and shape service delivery. Be part of a team striving for top performance and evolving to meet the challenges of scale and increasing complexity whilst continuing to deliver value to our members and stakeholders.
We are seeking a Regulatory Compliance Manager which is a new role within the Governance team reporting to the Head of Governance. The post is responsible for ensuring the Fund’s compliance with statutory and regulatory duty developing the Fund’s internal controls, tracking items to resolution and providing appropriate management information. To be the Fund expert on industry regulation able to provide advice and assurance on the compliance of working practices reporting to Senior Managers and Trustees on wider governance issues.
Responsibilities will include:
• To act as lead liaison with the Fund’s regulatory bodies.
• Develop and maintain the compliance monitoring program as an active workload management tool carrying out regular testing and review to ensure the Fund is well placed to manage and deliver change.
• To be the regulatory compliance specialist for the Fund and to provide support and guidance to Fund staff, ensuring regulatory compliance is adhered to throughout the Fund.
• to keep up to date with Compliance industry news and be proactive to put measures in place to ensure necessary working arrangements are changed if required to limit any risks to the Fund.
• To respond to National consultation on topics relevant to the working area.
The successful candidate will be educated to Degree level with substantial experience of working within a regulated environment and have significant knowledge of the Pensions industry.
They will have experience of working within a similar role, able to demonstrate effective working practices; with significant knowledge and understanding of the public service pensions industry and working within a regulated industry. They must have strong commercial awareness which underpins understanding of contractual obligation with experience of writing compliance policies and procedures operated in a regulated environment.
The ideal candidate must be highly organised and able to meet deadlines in a professional and timely manner, with good business acumen. They will be highly professional and effective when interacting with internal and external customers and have experience of leading a small team.
The Fund is growing and evolving and offers a great working environment, excellent development opportunities, plus a range of benefits that include a generous defined benefit pension scheme. Please get in touch to find out more, this is an exciting time for the Fund and we are looking for the best people to join our team.
For more information or an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Lisa Davis on 01902 551837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 8th November 2018
Job Description & Personal Specification