Head of School
Required for January 2019
As a result of the secondment of our current executive headteacher an opportunity has arisen to work at our outstanding Maintained Nursery School
Governors wish to appoint an experienced leader within the EYFS with a thirst for high standards and reflective practice; working within an environment where every individual makes a difference for children and families.
The role: Head of School and SENCO working for 3 days each week (0.6 fte), term time only
Location: Bedworth Heath Nursery School with the flexibility to also be deployed to work at Atherstone Nursery School.
The School is in a hard federation with Atherstone Nursery School that includes a shared leadership team and Governing body and staff are contracted to work at either site.
Our new Head of School & SENCO, will be appointed for three days each week (0.6 fte), working at Bedworth Heath Nursery School to support the Nursery Teacher and Executive Head Teacher to lead practice in our outstanding school.
Bedworth Heath admits up to 120 pupils aged 2 to 4 years 11 months. Our Pupils have a wide range of abilities and we take a holistic approach to supporting both children and families.
Our vision statement: ‘You make the difference, Today, Tomorrow, Together’ includes children, families, practitioners and the wider community.
We can offer:
• Friendly, supportive and highly motivated staff, we operate as a family and everyone contributes
• Exceptional practice and a strong commitment to raising standards
• Opportunities to contribute to the future development of our School & Teaching School (Warwickshire Teaching School Alliance)
• Excellent opportunities to build experience leading to career progression
• Opportunities to develop leadership skills under the guidance of the Head of Federation and the Head of School
The post would suit a more experienced teacher with leadership experience and previous experience working as a SENCO
Fixed term contract until 31st December 2020
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• A passion and commitment to the principles which underpin high quality early years education, demonstrating excellent knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum and welfare requirements
• An outstanding record as a classroom practitioner with a clear understanding of the developmental needs of young children and the ability to lead practice
• Be flexible in their approach to teaching and have the ability to plan and deliver, creative and stimulating lessons
• The ability to create a stimulating, engaging and challenging learning environment in which children thrive
• An understanding of and willingness to contribute to our work as a teaching school
• The ability to support and inspire the support staff team to sustain outstanding practice
• Show commitment to raising standards with high expectations for achievement and behaviour for all pupils
• Show a commitment to working effectively as part of a team within the whole school community
• Sound emotional and physical resilience with the ability to work in a fast paced environment and juggle competing demands
• Experience as a leader and SENCO within the EYFS
Additional Information & How to Apply
Bedworth Heath Nursery school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Please apply via the WM Jobs website. Applicants must evidence that they meet the essential criteria from the person specification as a minimum, to be selected for interview.
Shortlisting will take place on the 18th October. Candidates will also be notified if they have been selected for interview on this date.
Interviews will be held at the School on: Wednesday 24th October 2018
Candidates invited to interview will be with us for several hours.
Interview activities include: completing a written task, leading a small mixed ability group time with a focus on ‘sustained, shared thinking’. Interacting with staff and children, as well as a face to face interview with senior leaders and Governors
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed on: Wednesday 10th October AM, Friday 12th October, PM or Monday 15th October. We are also available for visits on: Mondays, Tuesdays or Fridays after School from 4.00 pm.
To arrange a visit, please contact the School Office: 02476 364188. If you wish to know more about the role please ask to speak to Amanda King: Executive Head Teacher or Nicci Burton: Head of School. You can also contact us via email at: email@example.com
Clsoing date: 18th October 2018Supporting documents
Information for Visitors