Teaching Assistant (Forsbrook CE Primary School)
One to One Teaching Assistant Level 2
Grade 3 (£16,863 pro rota)
30 Hours per Week
Required from 5/11/2018 or as soon as possible after this date
Fixed Term temporary post initially until 31/08/2019
Forsbrook CE Primary School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual, who is passionate about making a difference to the lives of children. We require a one to one teaching assistant who can support a child with complex needs and support their class teacher in the delivery of a bespoke curriculum. We require a person who has experience in working with children with additional needs.
The successful candidate must have high expectations about what children can achieve as well as being able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the life of the school and the ability to work in a team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Knows and understands how to support the development of children with additional needs
- Displays excellent communication skills at all levels
- Has the ability to work in partnership with parents, teachers and other external support agencies.
- Is able to analyse behaviour and provide social and emotional support.
- Have high expectations of children's attainment.
- Be caring and patient and able to cater for the individual needs of the child
- Wants to give that little something extra
We can offer:
- A talented, hardworking and friendly staff
- Motivated and happy children who love to learn.
- A forward thinking school that provides opportunities that make a difference
- Continuous professional development
- A stimulating and family-like working environment
Application form and job/person specification is available to download below. All completed application forms to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact our office on 01782 392577 to arrange this or to ask any further questions.
Closing Date: 12pm on Wednesday 24th October
Interviews: Thursday 25th October
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs.