Teacher 0.7 FTE (John Wheeldon Primary Academy)
Part time 0.7 Teacher contract, until the end of the autumn term in the first instance
We are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Lower Key Stage 2 Class Teacher to join our team on an exciting journey towards being an outstanding Academy. This role would suit a teacher in the early stages of their career or an experienced practitioner. The role has been developed to deliver core learning every morning, with joint planning time with the team in an afternoon. You will be, or have the potential to be, an excellent classroom teacher sharing our vision of high aspirations, achievement and passion for learning.
We can offer:
• An extremely supportive, friendly team and work environment
• Exceptionally well-behaved, enthusiastic, happy and motivated children who are eager to learn
• A committed team of friendly staff, supportive parents and a forward thinking Local Academy Council
• Professional development opportunities through a tailored CPD programme
• High expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• Committed to ensuring that children are PROUD of all we do • Willing, and committed, to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice
• Able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community
• Able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations
• Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them to become lifelong learners
Candidates are warmly invited and actively encouraged to visit us to discuss the role further. For an appointment please contact the school office.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
Shortlisting will be Wednesday 17th October.
Interviews will be held week commencing 22nd October.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
John Wheeldon Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.