Catering Assistant - Ref: TV46818
St Chad's Academies Trust
Stoke Minster Church of England Primary Academy
CATERING ASSISTANT REQUIRED
TO WORK IN OUR SCHOOL KITCHEN
We have a vacancy for a 12.5hr per week General Catering Assistant. The hours will be from 11.00am – 13.30 pm daily, Monday to Friday during term time.
Rate of pay £8.55 to £8.68 per hour.
Responsible to: Catering Manager.
To work under the control and direction of the Catering Manager, assisting with the preparation, cooking serving and general kitchen cleaning.
- To assist with the basics preparation of food and refreshments, which may include some cooking.
- To assist with the care, cleaning, and maintenance cleaning of all equipment in use in the kitchen as required.
- To help prepare the dining room for service, including cleaning, sweeping, mopping and laying of tables when necessary.
- To move the dining room furniture within the dining room when necessary.
- To serve meals and refreshments in line with school requirements.
- To assist the Catering Manager and colleagues with school hospitality functions.
- To assist with the washing up of all kitchen items.
- To assist with the general daily cleaning of the kitchen and associated areas.
- To maintain the agreed standard of dress and appearance.
- To comply with school policies.
- To promote the policies and procedures of the school at all times.
- To work in a safe manner at all times having due regard for others and food safety and health and safety legislation.
- Any other duties, which may be deemed, appropriate by the School Business Manager, Head teacher for the smooth running of the school.
- To attend and undertake training courses commensurate with your duties.
- To undertake cashier duties in accordance with the cashless catering system which may include cash handling and recording procedures.
We can offer:
- A caring and supportive environment
- Dedicated and committed team members
- A supportive Governing Body
- Commitment to professional development
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the practice of Stoke Minster CofE Primary Academy to examine employees’ job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they relate to the job as then being performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each Manager in consultation with those working directly to him or her. You will therefore be expected to participate fully in such discussions. It is the school’s aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserve the right to insist on changes in your job description after consultation with you.
All posts at the Stoke Minster CE Primary Academy are subject to a 6 month probationary period. Confirmation of the position is subject to satisfactory completion of this period.
Please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Brindley for an application form (email@example.com) – Telephone number 01782 234800.
Stoke Minster CofE Primary Academy
Boothen Old Road
Stoke on Trent
Closing Date: 19th October 2018
Shortlisting: 22nd October 2018
Interviews: 26th October 2018