Senior School Secretary
Senior School Secretary
Hours per week: 36.5, term time only
Working hours: Monday - Thursday 8.15 - 4.15, Friday 8.30 - 4.15
PAGANEL PRIMARY SCHOOL, Swinford Road, Selly Oak, Birmingham, B29 5TG
Tel: 0121 464 5040, Website: www.paganelschool.com
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person to join our school office team. Previous experience of working within a school would be advantageous and a working knowledge of SIMS/FMS would be desirable. The successful candidate will need to have the resilience and enthusiasm to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
The successful candidate will:-
• Demonstrate a good level of ICT skills
• Be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to work well under pressure, producing
work to a high standard
• Be methodical, well organised and accurate
• Manage time effectively
• Be willing to work within organisational procedures and processes
• Professionally communicate with both internal and external stakeholders
• Work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues within the school
• Work as an effective member of a team
• Complete other tasks that are commensurate with the role
• Have experience of SIMS/FMS
Duties will include:-
• Processing orders/invoices - FMS
• General administration
• Data entry – SIMS
• Communication with all stakeholders via text/email/letters/phone/face to face
• Website updating
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
You are welcome to visit the school on 17/10/18 @ 9.30am or 2.00pm. Please telephone in advance to confirm your attendance.
Closing Date: 06/11/2018, 12.00
Application forms, person specification and job description are available from the school website, CVs are not accepted.
Candidates must meet all requirements of the person specification.
Completed applications should be returned to the school or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For reasons of economy if you have not had a response to your application please assume on this occasion your application has not been successful.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
BCC is a Living Wage employer