Learning Support Assistant
To work under the direct instruction of teaching staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher.
Provide general support to the teacher in the care of pupils, and management of the classroom.
Support to Pupil
- Support groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher.
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters as necessary.
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice.
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Encourage pupil to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
Support to Teacher
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons, clear afterwards and assist with and maintain displays of pupils’ work, notice boards, shelving systems etc.
- Undertake routine administrative tasks, e.g. pupil record keeping as requested.
- Support the teacher in managing the pupil’s behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate.
- Support the teacher by providing evidence for report-writing and parent consultations.
- Liaise with parents regarding pupil progress as necessary.