Christ Church Primary School is a large, lively primary school; we pride ourselves on the warm welcome we give to everyone and the high expectations that we have. Our school motto is ‘Dream it! Believe it! Achieve it! And this is at the heart of everything we do.
Would you be committed to this school and its Learning & Support teams?
Are you happy to work within an existing Support Staff team?
Do you have a good understanding of child development and learning processes?
Do you have a commitment to helping children develop as creative and independent learners?
If this is you, we urge you to enquire and apply!!
The hours for this position is 25 hours per week
Christ Church Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and clearances, including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service
Further information and expressions of interest via Mrs Sarah Riley, Headteacher, as soon as possible please. The closing date for application forms is Monday 22nd October 2018
Interviews will be held on Monday 5th November 2018.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
- Experience of working with pupils with additional needs – academic, behavioural, social, emotional and physical
- Experience of supporting the delivery of phonics, English and mathsQualifications/Training:
- NVQ Level 2 equivalent
- Safeguarding training
- Training in SEN, intervention strategies, speech and language, literacy, numeracy and phonics
- First Aid training advantageousPractical Skills:
- Ability to plan ahead and be proactive
- Effective time manager able to prioritise and get thigs done
- Lively, enthusiastic and resilient with boundless energy, oodles of determination
- The ability to manage behaviour effectively
- The ability to use ICT effectively
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Effective communication and people skills
- The ability to work as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and own position within these
- A good understanding of child development and learning processes
- The ability to support colleagues
- The ability to be flexible and positive
- The experience of and the ability to deal positively with children and parents
- The ability to implement assessment for learning
- A belief that learning should be fun
- A commitment to helping children develop as creative and independent learners
- A love of children and an understanding of the importance of listening to what they have to say
- Unfailing optimism, a ‘just get on with it’ attitude
Personal Qualities and Attributes:
- A knowledge of Equality & Diversity issues
- Calm patient and caring
- Knowledge of policies and codes of practice/legislation
- Willing to undertake appropriate CPD to enhance role
- Understanding of school policies and procedures relating to health and safety, behaviour, attendance, equal opportunities and child protection
- A willingness to learn and have a go is vital
Part-time (25 hours per week)
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk. If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at https://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents