Maintenance and Cleaning
• Carry out cleaning tasks as directed by the appropriate supervisor to include:
o Mop sweeping.
o Single solution mopping.
o Spray cleaning.
o Suction cleaning.
o Damp wiping.
o Waste disposal.
o Stripping and resealing of hard floors.
• Cleaning of toilet facilities and associated tasks required to achieve a high quality of cleanliness.
• Cleaning of fixtures and fittings.
• The use of appropriate cleaning equipment and machinery.
• Ensuring the safe use of chemicals, machinery and equipment when carrying out the cleaning
function in line with current legislation, standards and County Council policies and procedures for
Health and Safety and in accordance with training provided.
Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school)
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or
come into contact with.
• Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety
and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
• Be aware of, support and ensure equal opportunities for all.
• Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
• Appreciate and support the role of other professionals.
• Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
• Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
• Assist with pupil needs as appropriate during the school day.