Lunchtime Supervisor - ref: TV48318
9 hours a week
We are looking for someone who is reliable and punctual to join our friendly team of midday supervisors. You will be required to supervise pupils during the lunchtime period whilst they are in the school canteen or the playground.
The hours of work are:
- Monday = 11.40am – 1.25pm
- Tuesday = 11.40am – 1.25pm
- Wednesday = 11.25am – 1.25pm (includes 15 minute briefing meeting start of shift)
- Thursday = 11.40am – 1.25pm
- Friday = 11.40am – 1.25pm
The successful applicant will need to:
- Interact with children and encourage active play.
- Relate well with children of all ages and background
- Be friendly, caring, trustworthy and observant
- Act as a role model
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of children during lunchtimes
- Address incidents of poor behaviour according to the school policies
- Assist children to choose and eat healthy lunches
- Attend to accidents using First Aid training
- Assist and supervise the clearing away and tidying of the eating area;
- Work as part of a team
- Participate in training run by the school
Previous experience of working with children and a first aid qualification would be an advantage.
Please contact the School Office for an application pack. Completed forms should be returned to Recruitment at the School Office by noon on Monday 22nd October.
Previous applicants need not apply.
This post qualifies for the Living Wage. The Council is committed to paying the Living Wage which is currently £8.75 per hour. This arrangement will be reviewed annually. The post is Grade 1, scale 6 – 9 and the actual salary range for 9 hours per week term time + training days is from scale 6 = £3,360.08 up to scale 9 = £3,434.07
Chuckery Primary School is committed to the safeguarding of all children and as such all applicants will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to safeguarding and wellbeing of children. This post is subject to an enhanced criminal records bureau check.Supporting documents
Job description & person specification