Early Years Practitioner/Teaching Assistant - Level 2
- Provide structured support in accordance with specific work programmes designed and supervised by individual teachers.
- Support the teacher in the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans.
- Assist in maintaining classroom discipline through the implementation of the school’s behaviour management strategies.
- Provide support to pupils to achieve learning goals, e.g. guided reading.
- Assist the teacher with the planning of learning activities.
- Assist the teacher in monitoring pupils’ responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
- Provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement, progress, problems etc.
- Undertake appropriate basic admin tasks.
Support to Pupils
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Assist children in matters of personal needs and their general health including first aid and welfare matters.
- Arrange medical/dental visits as appropriate.
- Provide general support to pupils ensuring their safety, by complying with good H&S practice.
Support to Curriculum
- Assist the teacher in the preparation and development of agreed curriculum activities/materials.
- To provide support in literacy/numeracy/SEN strategies
- Support the use of ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use.
Support to School
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/guardians, welfare officers, health visitors and other professional staff as part of the routine consultative process.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school.
- Attend relevant meetings as required.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required. (See footnote 1.)
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtimes.