Learning Support Practitioner (St Thomas More Catholic Academy)
The Directors are seeking to appoint a Learning Support Practitioner. The successful candidate will be based in our SEND department and will join a team of 15 LSPs.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- carry out individual programmes of learning, specifically to support the pupil concerned
- assist in the implementation of any other programmes of support designed by other professionals such as advisory teachers, Educational Psychologists and speech therapists
- contribute to the students integration programme as identified by the school
- carry out specialist interventions to individuals or small groups
The main duties and tasks:
- to support teachers within the classroom.
- to support the general care, welfare and safety of the pupil
- to assist in the preparation of teaching materials and equipment in support of the pupil concerned
- to liaise professionally with our SENCo, Assistant SENCo and the teaching staff
- to liaise with parents where necessary
The post is for 28 hours per week (Monday-Friday) during term-time plus INSET. Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.stmca.org.uk Completed applications should returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9:00 am on Wednesday 24 October 2018.
Closing Date: 9:00 am Wednesday 24 October 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 25 October 2018
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.