Teaching Assistant - St Dominic's Catholic Primary Academy
3 days left
Part Time Temporary Contract
15 hours per week – Term Time Only. Initially until 19th July 2019, but likely to be extended.
St. Dominic’s Catholic Primary School is part of the Painsley Academy. The Governors are seeking to appoint a committed, talented and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our successful friendly team.
St Dominic’s Catholic Primary School is a happy, learning community where each individual pupil and member of staff is valued for the contribution they can make to the life of our thriving school. Staff work hard to provide the very best for our pupils and in return they receive the support and training to enable them to be the best they can be. If you join our team you can be assured that you will be part of a happy, caring community of staff who put children at the heart of the learning process.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant who:
• Is able to offer support to pupils to help them overcome barriers to learning
• Has a flexible approach and ability to work as part of a team
• Is willing to participate fully in all aspects of school life
• Demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
• Has the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
• Is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
• Has a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with practitioners, parents/carers and families
• Has some experience of working 1:1 or with small groups of pupils, ideally in EYFS/KS1
We can offer:
• a friendly, welcoming community which values everyone
• a positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives;
• support from an enthusiastic and dynamic team at this and other schools within the academy.
• happy, enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn
• very supportive staff, parents and governors
• a commitment to your on-going professional development.
Salary Grade 4 (SCP 13-16 £17,391 - £18,319) pro rata
St. Dominic’s Catholic Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Application packs are available from Mrs. Angela Mooney, Bursar at St. Dominic’s Catholic Academy, Margaret Street, Stone. ST15 8YG 01785 413278 email@example.com
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact Mrs. D. Stokes Headteacher
Closing date for all applications: Monday 22nd October
Interviews: Thursday 25th October