Apprentice Admin Assistant
NOT GOING TO UNI? See what Dudley Council has to offer
Dudley Council apprentices develop professional skills, knowledge and confidence and an opportunity to gain a recognised qualification through its Apprenticeship Programme. Dudley Council is recognised as the highest recruiter of apprentices in the Black Country.
So if you are interested here are 5 good reasons to start your Apprenticeship with Dudley Council:-
- A real alternative to University
- Earn while you learn
- Gain qualifications
- Improve your prospects
- Perfect start to your career
We are seeking to employ Business Administration apprentices to assist in our busy Children's Social Care Team. The successful candidate would undertake an interesting and varied role where attention to detail and confidentiality are paramount.
Commitment to further development through training
- General administrative duties, including telephone answering, filing, post and photocopying.
- Maintain data and record systems, identifying and obtaining relevant information.
- Prepare documentation with accuracy and confidentiality.
- Support Panel Administrator in collating documentation for regular meetings and providing post meeting administrative support.
- Support the Payments team in making regular payments and pay invoices.
- Support colleagues and the wider management team through the collation of information, including detailed statistics.
- Attend and participate in meetings as required.
- Participate in training, other learning activities and performance development as required.
Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months
An Apprenticeship with Dudley MBC will give you the opportunity to gain 'hands on' experience in the workplace whilst getting paid. The work you undertake in this role will support you towards completing a Level 2 apprenticeship in Business & Administration.
Placements are across the borough so applicants need to be able to travel to your workplace which will be in central Dudley.
The Benefits of an Apprenticeship:
- Learning while you work
- Developing practical skills & knowledge
- Gaining job learning from other team members
We can offer:
- Training, development & work experience
- Recognised Level 2 apprenticeship
- Paid annual leave & flexible working hours
- A good support network throughout your apprenticeship
We are looking for candidates who have:
- No experience is required as full training will be provided.
- GCSE's in Maths & English grade C or above/equivalent functional skills level 1.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good IT Skills
For further information about the role please contact Kay Newton on 01384 813044.
NB. We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date should a large number of applications be received.
For further information about Apprenticeships with Dudley MBC and the training involved, please visit our Apprenticeship microsite http://dudleycouncilapprenticeshipacademy.co.uk/
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
The Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification