SEN Personal Welfare Assistant (St Mark's CE (A) Primary School)
7 days left
Salary pro rata to 25 hours per week term time only., 5 hours per day temporary until August 2020 due to funding attached to a child.
St Mark’s Primary School is now part of a federation with Etruscan Primary School. This enhances the opportunities for support and CPD for the staff.
We are looking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced person to support a child with special needs in our school. The successful person will be enthusiastic and dedicated to ensuring children achieve their highest potential, have excellent communication skills and a proven team worker.
The School can offer:-
- Fantastic CPD opportunities
- A fantastic teaching and learning environment
- An effective and supportive leadership team
- Enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- An excellent community culture, working in partnership to promote successful outcomes for all pupils across the federation
The children at St Mark’s Primary School want excellent staff who will:
- Have high expectations for themselves and all pupils
- Be creative in supporting exciting learning opportunities
- Have a good understanding of supporting communication and language acquisition
- Be enthusiastic, motivational, hardworking and able to work effectively with colleagues both in our school and across the Federation.
- Have an excellent understanding of the National Curriculum, and delivery through the Learning Challenge.
- A passion for working with parents to improve children’s outcomes
Our newly appointed practitioner will:
Have a clear understanding of the skills required to be a Special Educational Needs Welfare Practitioner
- Have knowledge of the SEN Code of Practice
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate effective teamwork
This is an exciting opportunity as the school continues on its journey to outstanding.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a completed Disqualification by Association form.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Tel 01782 234411 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details and an application pack.