Leader of Learning (English or English with Drama)
Leader of Learning (English or English with Drama) L1-L5
We are looking for an enthusiastic, inspiring and excellent practitioner to join our expanding, dynamic and forward moving school from January 2019. We are seeking someone with a commitment to excellence and to take a lead role in developing teaching and learning within English, Kingsbury School and across the Academy Trust, working closely with the Assistant Headteacher responsible for Teaching and Learning. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and improve other teachers’ practice to ensure that every student receives excellent opportunities to learn and achieve.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner with a passion for teaching and learning;
- Have a record of consistently delivering strong GCSE results across a range of ability levels;
- Have an ability to support, motivate and develop teachers to improve their practice;
- Have an ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students and staff;
- Have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Be a committed, highly competent, reflective and resilient individual.
Kingsbury is a popular Specialist Science and Mathematics Academy, situated in Warwickshire, near to Tamworth. It is close to the M42 and M6 motorway junctions and is within easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire and Leicestershire.
This is an exciting time to join Kingsbury School, which became part of the Castle Phoenix Academy Trust on 1st April 2016. The School and Castle Phoenix Trust are committed to improving our students’ educational experiences, raising aspirations, creating opportunities and harnessing imagination, enabling our young people to succeed. We put learning at the centre of everything we do.
We pride ourselves on:
- Our success and drive in helping all pupils achieve their full potential - Attainment results for 2017/2018 included 79.87% of students achieving grade 4+ in English; 56.1% of students achieving grade 5+ in English; 75.4% of students achieving grade 4+ in English Literature and 68.4% of students achieving 4+ in English Language;
- Having well-resourced classrooms and equipment, including laptops;
- Being an oversubscribed and popular school with specialist status, located close to the M42 and M6, in easy reach of Birmingham, Staffordshire, South Derbyshire, Warwickshire and Leicestershire;
- Being a highly innovative, driven, inspirational and ambitious organisation with a clear vision for achieving success;
- Being part of the Castle Phoenix Trust and its associated teaching school. This facilitates excellent collaboration between colleagues and leaders, access to effective CPD and opportunities to develop professionally.
- Our strong commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition, and a range of benefits which include cycle to work and childcare voucher schemes, free parking, an employee discount scheme, an Ipad or laptop and access to the on-site swimming pool.
Our English Faculty is continuing its exciting journey to further improve performance in the subject so that achievement and progress is significantly better than national figures. Have you got the skills and motivation to be part of the team to make this happen?
If you would like to know more or would like to visit us and see our school in action then please do not hesitate to make contact. Potential applicants are encouraged to visit prior to the closing date. Please contact Helen Jones, PA to the Headteacher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to effective learning, teaching, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Application forms are available direct from the school, from the school website www.kingsburyschool.co.uk or from HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk. Application forms are to be returned to HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk.
Closing date: 12:00pm at Monday 22nd October 2018
Interview date: Thursday 25th October 2018