Trust Lead for Governance and Compliance
You will be working with a pioneering group, Nishkam School Trust (NST), one of the top performing Multi academy trusts in the UK. NST is a Sikh ethos, multi-faith multi academy trust nurturing pupils of all faiths and beliefs.
The core of Nishkam education is the triple pursuit of academic excellence, creating a community that supports children and nurturing a strong values-led approach to life. Pupil outcomes are generally in the top quintile across most stages. Progress 8 scores are in the top 3% of the UK. NST currently operates four free schools in the UK.
NST has four free schools and 2 nurseries:
▪ Nishkam Primary School Birmingham (opened in 2011)
▪ Nishkam High School Birmingham (opened in 2012)
▪ Nishkam School West London – an all-through school (opened in September 2013)
▪ Nishkam Primary School Wolverhampton (joined the Trust in September 2014).
We are now looking for Trust Lead for Governance that can work in collaboration with Directors, Governors and Senior Leaders across the Trust to deliver continuing success.
The role is to ensure that the local governing bodies operate effectively and efficiently within the NST governance structure. This is a critical position, ensuring the quality of the local governing bodies (LGBs) which in turn provide critical support to our schools, challenging them to continuously improve. The post holder will be the lead in the Trust for ensuring governance at school level is; effective, coherent with the wider corporate governance structure and that schools are well prepared for Ofsted. This role will involve:
i) Delivering the Clerking services for two schools in the Midlands,
ii) Clerking the Directors meetings,
iii) Line managing other Clerks who deliver the governance service at each individual school.
For more information please read the advert text and job description attached.
We will offer you
• a friendly and welcoming team
• hardworking and dedicated colleagues
• enthusiastic and diligent children
• supportive parents, carers and community
• a committed and fully involved governing body
• opportunities for professional development
Nishkam School Trust (NST) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. Any successful applicant will be required to undertake a DBS disclosure.
• You would need to kindly complete an application form, available to download from www.nishkamschool.org/recruitment or contact the school office on 0121 348 7665.
• Applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12pm on Monday 5th November 2018
• Interviews TBC
• Please contact email@example.com or call 0121 348 7665 to arrange an informal visit.