Teaching Assistant Level 1
16.66 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract until July 2019
Part Time, Term Time only (39 weeks per annum)
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant Level 1 to join the Knightlow team in our friendly and supportive village school. This role is initially to work with children in Year 1 and support all elements of their learning, from reading to social development, improving maths skills to enjoying outdoor learning. You will work mainly under the direction of the class teacher and alongside other support staff. We hope that this role may be made permanent subject to sustained funding.
- Be willing to develop your knowledge and understanding of working with children
- Be able to demonstrate a professional and focused approach so children’s learning is well supported
- Be flexible and approachable, supporting our school ethos and building a good working relationship with colleagues
- Be willing to fully support all elements of safeguarding children and place their safety and wellbeing at the heart of your work
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent grades A*, A or B, and strengths in Maths and English
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in your conduct and manner with children and with colleagues
Additional Information & How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete and return the attached Application Form and Equality Details form to the School. Alternatively, further details and an application form are available from the school office and should be returned to the office in an envelope marked TA1 NOV 18.
Closing Date: 26 November 2018
Visits to the school are welcome - please contact the school for details.
Please be aware that the school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. These posts are therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.
School Contact Details:
Knightlow C of E Primary School
Stretton on Dunsmore
Tel: 02476 543751
Equality Details Form