Every Child Matters Co-ordinator - Hednesford Valley High School
Every Child Matters Co-Ordinator – Permanent Contract Term Time Only 37 hours per week
To start by 07/01/2019 - Hours of Work: Mon, Tues, Thurs 08:30-16:30, Wed 08:30-17:00, Fri 08:30-15:30
We are looking for an energetic dedicated professional with good experience of working within Child Protection procedures. We require someone with exceptional communication skills to work with a range of students with special needs, parents/carers, staff, governors and external professionals.
- You must be able to work flexibly and imaginatively to the changing work load and be able to make correct decisions to ensure that all procedures have been actioned correctly. You will be required to work across a number of sites and carry out home visits and transport students’ home when required.
- You will be a deputy designated safeguarding lead, deputy for Looked After Children and manage the cases of students to a Child Protection Plan.
- You will be required to work with professions, lead on e-PEPs for all Looked After Children and organise 1:1 tuition after school.
- You will line manager the staff in the Behaviour Support Unit and the Emotional Support Unit as well as the Nurture Team.
- You will organise the staff before school, break-time, lunchtime and after school to ensure all these times run smoothly for students with all the clubs and arrangements required.
- You will need to be able to work to deadlines, to be a team player and have creative ideas to provide solutions to enable students to move forward in life.
Hednesford Valley High School is a "Good" generic secondary special school. The school caters for a wide range of students, many with more than one area of SEN. All staff are totally committed to providing excellent teaching and learning to empower students to become independent citizens of the world.
To apply for this position please download the application form below and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents are also available to download on the school website: www.hvh.staffs.sch.uk. If you have any queries regarding the vacancy please contact Louise Fox on 01543 423714.
Deadline : 27/11/2018
Interview : 04/12/2018
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by telephone or email if possible.