Senior Finance Assistant
£21,074 - £23,111 per annum
37 hours per week
Finance Department, Hindlip Park
A permanent opportunity has arisen in the Finance department, based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park.
The role of Senior Finance Assistant is to assist the Financial Systems Manager, with the day-to-day maintenance and management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Credit control and purchasing systems. This includes monitoring the adherence to financial regulations and best accounting practice in specified areas of activity.
The ideal applicant will be in possession of an AAT qualification or working towards achieving this.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
- Significant allied experience gained within a financial accountancy environment.
- Excellent numerical skills together with recognised accounting techniques.
- Good communication skills both orally and in writing including the ability to produce letters and reports.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work unsupervised, and to exercise and rely on own judgement.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Packages (in particular the use of Excel spreadsheets) and other financial software.
- The ability to work as a team member
- The ability to apply attention to detail
Applicants should also show a commitment to equality of opportunity and have a flexible approach and the enthusiasm to assist with all duties within the department.
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 26 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 31 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 9th December 2018.
For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Finance Systems Manager Steve Nash on 01905 368 307.