Community Link Officer (four posts)
5 days left
We are recruiting four Community Link Officers to support individuals with complex health and social care needs to access the support of voluntary and community organisations and make social connections.
The role, often referred to as “social prescribing”, will involve:
- working with health and care professionals to identify those who would benefit most from support within their local community,
- supporting people to create their own wellbeing plan, focused on non-clinical aspects of mental and physical wellbeing, and supporting them to engage with local community activity to meet their needs and desires,
- working with One Walsall’s Development Team to maintain an up-to-date database of local community activity and supporting local voluntary and community groups to deliver safe, inclusive and high-quality activities.
The posts will be embedded within Walsall’s new multidisciplinary place-based health and care teams and join our integrated approach to the provision of health and care services in Walsall.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience of working with people with complex social and health needs,
- be committed to supporting individual decision making and a person-centred approach,
- have experience of working with voluntary and community organisations.
This role is fixed term until for 2 years, with the potential to extend based on performance and future funding arrangements.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to identify individuals who would benefit from support within the community to address their non-clinical needs.
- To support individuals to undertake a holistic self-assessment and co-design a Wellbeing Plan, identifying support needs to ensure maximum engagement in improving health and wellbeing.
- To support individuals to access service and activities and make connections within their community and address their needs and desires as identified in their Wellbeing Plan.
- To provide individuals with continuity and a coordinated service, remaining point of contact throughout.
- To attend and input into multi-disciplinary team meetings to develop and inform individual care plans.
- To undertake follow up assessments with individuals at set intervals and according to agreed review timescales
- To keep accurate records using agreed systems and contribute to programme evaluation.
- To work according to confidentiality and data sharing policies of One Walsall and Walsall CCG.
- To work with the Development Team to maintain a comprehensive database of local groups and resources to support the project and ensure information on sources of voluntary and community support is up to date and accurate.
- To identify and refer voluntary and community organisations to the Development Team to help them build their capacity to deliver safe, inclusive and high-quality activities.
- To develop strong personal networks and relationships with voluntary and community groups and within the Place Based Health and Care Teams.
- Contribute to the wider development of the organisation, contribute to staff meetings and work harmoniously with colleagues and external partners; supporting others in their work.
- Understand and promote the priorities, activities and best interests of the organisation, and of the voluntary and community sector in Walsall.
- Achieve agreed performance targets and participate in regular supervision and personal reviews.
- Engage in training, identify personal and professional development needs and continuously seek to refresh knowledge in relation to the job.
- Cooperate in the formulation and development of systems for monitoring and evaluating the work of the organisation.
- Provide information for and contribute to the administration of communications media as appropriate.
- Treat with confidentiality any information about any organisation, its staff, trustees or clients that is sensitive, personal or private.
- Cover the work of colleagues during holidays or absences.
- Be aware of and adhere at all times to the organisation’s policies and procedures, including the organisation’s equal opportunities policies and with due regard for health and safety.
- Travel to all parts of the borough and the wider Black Country as appropriate to deliver the role.
- Work flexibly and be available for occasional out-of-hours working as appropriate.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sarah Taylor on 01922 619 840.