Senior Planning Officer
7 days left
Malvern Hills District Council is a small, progressive local authority, situated in one of the Country's most attractive areas, offering excellent conditions of service and a high quality of life.
Malvern Hills District Council shares a Chief Executive and a joint senior management team with Wychavon District Council. Both councils remain independent organisations with their own political structures and district identities, but joint working arrangements allow us to work efficiently and maximise opportunities to achieve efficiencies, maintain resilience and deliver high quality services to our residents.
Our staff, are at the heart of what we do. As a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a satisfying job, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as flexible working arrangements, generous holiday entitlements, a pension scheme, plenty of opportunities for personal development and discounted gym membership.
Senior Planning Officer
Fixed Term Contract to November 2019
37 hours per week - £32,233 - £36,153
Malvern Hills District Council seeks a Senior Planning Officer to join its proactive and customer focussed development control service to handle a variety of planning applications and appeals including those for major development.
The successful applicant will need to have experience of handling a broad range of development proposals but specific experience of handling applications and appeals relating to major residential schemes. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate a strong track record of negotiating S106 legal agreements and securing high quality design.
- Significant development control experience in urban and rural issues
- Full RTPI Membership
- Recognised qualification in Town Planning
- Educated to Degree level
- Full driving licence and access to transport
- Availability to attend evening Committee meetings
- Ability to undertake site visits to remote rural locations
- Informal Hearings and Public Inquiries
- Managing a caseload of complex/contentious planning applications
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge of planning law and practice
- Good computer literacy with property database and GIS systems
If you would like to find out more about this position, please call Duncan Rudge (Development Control Manager) on 01684 862318.
Closing Date: 16th December 2018
Interview Date: 8th January 2019