Business Architecture Support (1 year Fixed Term Contract)
Grade: Band D
Salary: £27,795 to £38,925
Closing Date: 3rd December 2018
About the role:
This role will be based in West Midlands Police’s business transformation team working within the Business Architecture function.
The Business Architecture Support supports the Business Architecture Manager in ensuring that all commissioning and implementation delivery activities are aligned to the Force’s operating model.
The role will also support the Architecture Assurance Manager in the development, maintenance and utilisation of appropriate modelling tools and the central document repository for the Business Architecture Function.
The role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders to secure fully modelled, optimal design solutions, to allow for them to be translated into effective implementation and also provide support to the Business Analysts with regards simple business process mapping and modelling.
- Support the Business Architecture Manager in managing the Design Authority function, ensuring that all commissioning and implementation activity remains aligned to the strategic objectives and design principles of the operating model.
- Engaging with stakeholders within the Force and with strategic partner organisations to ensure that project activity is aligned with the operating
- Undertake data modelling activity as required to support design decisions using best practice methods including appropriate modelling
- Support the Architecture Assurance Manager in the development and maintenance of the central document repository for the Business Architecture
- Advise component projects on adherence to design principles and overall alignment to the operating model and promote understanding across the
- Operate and support mechanisms to monitor the performance and health of the operating model, including management information indicators, an annual Blueprint refresh and, a process for ensuring rapid improvement in the event of under-
- Incorporate any learning or best practice identified by the Business Architecture Function or WMP partners into the teams’ working
- Deploy a range of continuous improvement tools and methods to identify and deliver process improvement within
- Support the delivery of the operating model, including process design, benchmarking, value-chain improvement, promoting innovation and engaging
- Undertake activity analysis exercises to support operating model design and feed this information into the appropriate modelling tool to allow for analysis to be
- Contribute to the team’s enterprise-wide understanding of all aspects of the Blueprint, including strategic objectives, service delivery, business capabilities, processes, technology and
- Support the review of deliverables and change requests impacting on operating model
- Support the standard design process to ensure alignment to design principles, interoperability, quality control and stakeholder
- Support Design Authority and Technical Design Authority
- Support the management of design and analysis activity including requirements of purchase orders, checking that contractual requirements and acceptance criteria have been met and, providing feedback on
- Keep abreast of internal and external drivers for change relevant to the operating model, including changes in demand, legislation, technology and leading practice in other
- Analyse and present management information related to Business Architecture deliverables
- Any other duties commensurate with the role and band/grade
West Midlands Police are currently undertaking a long term review of staff pay and conditions. The grade, pay and other terms of employment are therefore subject to review and may change in the future.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in successful complex change programmes across the whole change lifecycle
- Experience of applying methods and tools for Continuous improvement and business architecture design
- Demonstrable understanding of target operating model components (customer, service, process, technology and people layers), key interactions and key performance indicators
- Experience of analysing the impact of programme and project designs on a wider organisational operating model
- Experience of successful delivery of technical aspects and assurance the requirements have been met
- Experience of providing support to a commissioning process and assessment of associated documents, e.g. business cases, mandates.
- Experience of communicating a standard design process to ensure the interoperability, quality control, and integration of all project components and designs
- Working knowledge of operational policing models
- Project Management methodology
- Business Analyst and process modelling methodology
- Proven ability to understand the strategic aims and objectives of the organisation
- Tact and diplomacy skills when dealing with staff at all levels whilst maintaining the integrity of the organisational vision
- Strong numerical and verbal critical reasoning ability in order to think strategically, logically and clearly, and to take rational decisions and decisive action under pressure
- Demonstrable evidence of effective relationship management skills and techniques at different levels of an organisation and/or with external stakeholders
- Demonstrable evidence of negotiation and influencing skills across a range of colleagues with different levels of seniority and skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experienced and competent in the use of MS Office applications (specifically SharePoint, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent organisational and presentation skills
- Educated to degree level or have substantial experience (min 3 years) in a relevant field
Hours of Work and Flexibility:
- The post holder will be contracted to work 36.5 hours per week but will need to be flexible to meet the demands of the post and may have to work outside normal core hours.
- The post holder will need to have the ability to travel to different locations across the region, as required
**Please click 'Apply' above and access our site using Google Chrome. A separate sign in will be required.