Teacher - Resilience Lead (Portland School & Specialist College)
Portland is a successful school meeting the needs of children and young people who experience Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties. We have a growing reputation for being at the cutting edge of innovation, especially with our work around attachment disorder, emotion coaching, and our creative, enquiry led curriculum.
We are looking for an outstanding teacher to further develop and lead our nurture curriculum and ethos.
You will join the school at a really exciting time, we have a lot to offer:
- You will be working alongside the School Leadership Team (SLT) to develop our curriculum, ensuring that pupils are engaged and make outstanding progress.
- Students are fully equipped to move successfully into a post 16 placement.
- You will have opportunity to propose and carry out Action Research with young people who have experienced difficulties.
- You will engage in quality Continued Professional Development
- You will take pride in the progress made by vulnerable young people
- You will be part of continuing to develop a curriculum appropriate to young people with SEMH difficulties
Do you have what it takes?
- Do you have evidence of successfully delivering a to young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties?
- Are you able to demonstrate best practise?
- Are you able to embed and enhance a curriculum across the school?
- Can you deliver first quality teaching?
- Do you have a positive ‘can do’ philosophy?
- Do you have excellent interpersonal skills (liking and respecting people)?
- Can you show us a passion for teaching?
- Do you have a good/outstanding track record of teaching and learning?
- Can you support and develop young people’s positive behaviour choices?
We are looking for outstanding people eager to grow and flourish within our school.
Ofsted judged us as a good school; we believe we are on the journey to great.
If you would like to know more about us, please contact us to arrange a visit.
TeacherJob description and more information is available on our website, please click on the link below:http://portlandschool.careers.eteach.com/o/resilience-lead
Tel. 01782 882020
The school is closed between Monday 24 December 2018 and Friday 4 January 2019
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide