Social Worker - Children's Service Area
PM18/50R Social Workers – Children’s
Grade Band 11 scp 35-39, £31,401 - £35,229 per annum
37 hours per week, Permanent
Shropshire – A lovely place to work and live…
We are very proud of the services that we provide to children in Shropshire, which Ofsted gave a ‘Good’ rating in October 2017. We believe that this was awarded as we are focused on the progress of our social workers, to enable their practice to flourish, creating good outcomes for children and their families.
Our Social Workers tell us that we have:
- Easy access to management support in the office.
- Good quality supervision which takes place on a regular basis
- A warm and nurturing environment to work in.
- Mutual respect at all levels.
- A small authority where there are direct relationships between senior managers and “shop floor” staff.
- A beautiful locality to work in.
- An excellent training programme.
- Great opportunities for progression.
- A relationship based practice model with both our clients and staff.
We also provide:
- Protected Lieu/TOIL time.
- Free car parking.
- Group supervision and action learning sets.
- Opportunities to train in new and innovative risk and resilience assessment approaches.
- Stable and supportive teams with a permanent Team Manager.
- A clear progression framework from ASYE to Director of Children’s Services.
- Flexible and agile working.
You will be a HCPC registered social worker with experience in completing assessments, creating plans and carrying out interventions, which create good outcomes for families. You will have a solid knowledge of legislation and regulation guidance relevant to your role and experience of working in frontline children’s services.
There is a vacancy available in the LAC, Assessment and Case Management Teams.
If you would like to work in this rewarding and supportive environment or you are thinking about moving to Shropshire, please contact Donna Chapman, Workforce and Learning Manager on 01743 254241 or Siobhan Hughes, Principal Social Worker on 01743 258557.