Autism Helpline Advisor
Autism West Midlands is a leading charity and specialist provider of services to people with Autism. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed part time Autism Advisor, who will provide advice and guidance through our information helpline working over four days. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is personable, has great communication skills and can provide a listening ear to our callers as well as providing advice.
You will report into the Front of House and Helpline Officer. As the Autism Advisor you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of a high quality advice, guidance and support service for individuals, professionals, parents and carers. You will provide a comprehensive information service and act as a central point for information services within Autism West Midlands. The post holder will support people with autism to understand their diagnosis and will signpost where appropriate.
You will need to be knowledgeable about autism and the services that people can access. You will come from an information service background and be able to get through a high volume of calls. You will need to be someone that displays resilience and can deal with difficult and challenging calls. The successful candidate will be non-judgemental and display empathy and calmness at all times and has experience of working in/as:
- Helpline Advocate
- Third Sector
- Vulnerable People
- Customer Service
- Telephone Helpline
We offer a number of benefits including:
- A competitive salary of £17,000 pro rata for 20 hours a week over 4 days
- 33 days annual leave pro rata
- A fully paid Healthcare Scheme – this allows you to claim back money for dental, optical and many more treatments!
- Discounts at leading retailers, gyms and restaurants
- Excellent induction programme and specialist management training
- A free Life Assurance Scheme
- An attractive pension scheme
- Free access to an Employee assistance programme for advice and support
- An employee wellbeing service that offers personal, professional and financial guidance for free
- Free on-site parking
- If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, a job description and more information about the responsibilities can be found at: http://autismwestmidlands.org.uk/careers/.