Senior Nursery Practitioner - The Patch Day Nursery
This is a fixed term appointment due to funding for 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year until 31st July 2020, which will be paid on Band C SCP 14-19 (£17,861- £19,446) per annum.
The governors of Old Park Primary are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Nursery Practitioner to hold a senior role in the Patch Day Nursery.
We are looking for someone who has the vision, skills and ability to care and provide excellent experiences for young children. This post will be an excellent opportunity for a Nursery Practitioner who is looking for career progression.
The successful applicant will
- Be required to have at least three years’ experience of working with young children in a good or outstanding day nursery and have at least 1 years’ experience as a room leader or deputy.
- Hold a level 3 or above recognised qualification in Childcare and Education.
- Have the ability and skills to support the nursery management in providing high quality and effective day to day care and education for children.
- Be able to work as part of a team and manage a small team of qualified and experienced Nursery practitioners and assistants alongside the nursery manager and deputy.
- Be required to be a key person to group of children and families and have the ability and confidence to work alongside parents, carers and other professional’s e.g. health visitors and inclusion support.
- Have the ability to carry out observations and assessments on young children and produce effective planning alongside providing a rich learning environment for children aged between six months and five years.
Old Park Primary School and The Patch Day Nursery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This is a fixed term appointment for 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year until 31st July 2020, which will be paid on Band C (£17,861- £19,446) pro rata.
Visits to the nursery are welcomed on an appointment basis please contact the nursery to arrange.
For further information and application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from the website. www.thepatchnursery.com
Closing date and shortlisting: Thursday 31st January 2019
37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Band C SCP 14-19 (£17,861-£19,446) per annum pro rata
The Patch Day Nursery, Old Park Road, Wednesbury WS10 9LX
Thursday 31st January 2019Supporting documents