Personal Welfare Support Assistant (Perton Primary Academy)
Personal Welfare Support Assistant
January 2019 Start
Fixed Term to 21st July 2023 in the first instance
Monday – Friday, Term-time
26.25 hours per week
Grade 2 (SCP7-10) £16495 pa
(Pro Rata c.£9808pa)
The Local Academy Council of Perton Primary Academy is offering the opportunity for a patient, qualified, caring and skilled practitioner to work one-to-one with a child in Reception. Experience of working with children who have special needs is preferred.
We are a very hardworking and committed team of professionals who work together to provide a welcoming, safe and “outstanding” academy and nursery.
We are looking for:
- An outstanding Learning Support Assistant, with experience of supporting a child who has identified Special Educational Needs.
- A professional who is able to communicate with parents, class teacher and SENCo on a daily basis.
- Someone who is able to follow instruction from other professionals.
- Organisation and good recording is needed daily, to track intervention.
- A proactive approach to work, begin able to change and adapt where needed.
Perton Primary Academy offers:
- An opportunity to work with other professionals and experienced staff.
- A commitment to your professional development
- Opportunity to share in strategic school improvement
- A supportive staff team & senior leadership team
- An excellent working environment
- Discounted on-site childcare or childcare vouchers
Applicants should submit a completed application form, monitoring form & PEAQ form (to Mrs. Threlkeld, Principal, Perton Primary Academy, Sandown Drive, Perton, WV6 7PS or email@example.com) by the closing date and are encouraged to visit the academy before applying.
This academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) (formerly CRB). Further details regarding this check are available from schools or by visiting: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service. You will be required to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing date for applications: 12pm, Wednesday 12th December 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday 17th December 2018
Visit http://www.pertonacademy.co.uk/news-and-events/vacancies for more information.