Behaviour Support Worker - ref: TV57718
St Giles’ C.E. Primary School
Walsall Street, Willenhall, West Midlands, WVI3 2ER.
Tel: 01902 368308 Fax: 01902 368308 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headteacher: Mr M Dakin
Behaviour Support Worker
Governors of St Giles’ CE Primary School are seeking to appoint at the earliest opportunity, a temporary Behaviour Support Worker for the remainder of the 2017/18 academic year.
25 hours per week (to be reviewed) Term Time only
Grade G5 (Scale Point 20-25)
Main duties include:
Support for Pupils
- Provide pastoral support to pupils
- Receive and supervise pupils excluded from , or otherwise not working to, a normal timetable
- Attend to pupils’ personal needs and provide advice to assist in their social, health and hygiene development
- Participate in comprehensive assessment of pupils to determine those in need of particular help
- Assist the teacher with the development and implementation of individual Education/Behaviour/Support/Mentoring plans
- Support provision for pupils with special needs
- Establish productive working relationship with pupils, acting as a role model
- Develop 1:1 mentoring arrangements with pupils and provide support for distressed pupils
- Promote the speedy/effective transfer of pupils across phases/integration of those who have been absent
- Provide information and advice to enable pupils to make choices about their own learning/behaviour/attendance
- Challenge and motivate pupils, promote and reinforce self-esteem
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress, achievement, behaviour, attendance etc.
This position would ideally suit a candidate with experience of working with children who have exhibited challenging behaviours within a specialist setting.
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in your application form.
Closing Date: Thursday 20th December 2018 (9.00am) Interviews: W/C: Monday 14.1.19. Mail email@example.com to request an application pack.
Application packs can also be downloaded from www.st-giles.walsall.sch.uk (Click on About Us)
Visits to the school are strongly recommended and can be booked by contacting the school office on: 01902 368308
Visits to the school are highly recommended.