Strategic Land & Property Programme Manager (Solihull MBC redeployees and employees only)
37.0 Hours per Week
We have an excellent opportunity for a Strategic Land & Property Programme Manager to join us on an 18 month fixed term contract / secondment.
A varied and hands on role, you will:
- Support the Head of Strategic Land & Property in the programme management and successful delivery of Solihull Council’s Town Centre Strategy.
- Deliver the programme from initial concept, through to the design, development and operation of development opportunities.
- Manage a Programme Office made up of senior officers from all relevant disciplines within the Council to deliver the Town Centre Strategy.
- Set-up and co-ordinate all sub-project groups, which sit under the Town Centre Strategy Programme.
Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (e.g Construction Management / Project Management) or equivalent, and with professional membership of an appropriate body (or working towards) you will also have:
- Experience of leading, directing and motivating multi disciplinary teams.
- A considerable and demonstrable track record of managing strategic property development projects (both short and long term) from inception through to completion.
- Significant experience operating at a senior level in project planning, programming and contract management.
- Experience of managing and controlling large capital and revenue budgets.
In return, this is an excellent opportunity to play a crucial part in the Town Centre Strategy for the borough and manage some high profile and exciting development projects for Solihull Council.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact David Harris, Head of Strategic Land and Property, on 0121 704 6437.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Please note this is a two stage interview process - shortlisted candidates at application stage will be invited to complete online testing, the results of which will be used to shortlist for interview.
Interview Date: Thursday 20 December 2018
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification