apT Development Consultancy.
Development Delivery Group Specialist
£39,961 - £42,806 per annum
37 hrs per week.Are you looking for a challenge, and a diverse range of work? Do you want to work in an innovative, positive team that shapes and develops the places we live and work in?
If so apT want to hear from you.
Our Delivery Development Group Specialist needs passion and ambition and the determination to ensure development projects get off the ground and successfully running.
We are looking for someone who enjoys the challenge of finding the best solutions and sourcing funding to support a project from the start through to completion. Working on Housing or Commercial projects this Specialist will also be supporting planning applications, advising on Policy and working alongside our Estates Team and Colleagues based throughout the organisation.
apT Development Consultancy is part of Telford & Wrekin Council . We deliver planning services from a team which includes such as Highways Development Control, Ecology, Conservation, Healthy Spaces and Urban Design. We deliver holistic and innovative solutions to all our customers.
We are also visionaries in our field. We deliver the Midlands’ first public sector commercial planning, development and environmental consultancy apT, who support developments through regulation process, from the promotion of land to achieving consents, through to its safe completion on behalf of clients across the region including Shropshire, Cheshire and the wider Midlands.
apT is based in Telford - a destination of vibrant places and experiences where people love to live, work and play. Sitting in the heart of Shropshire, Telford is the gateway between the Midlands and Wales. Rich in heritage and natural beauty, the borough has a vibrant town centre that’s currently expanding and a 450 acre town park with numerous leisure facilities;
This New Town celebrates its 50th birthday this year, and continues to grow from the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution and one of the UK’s first World Heritage Sites to now delivering more than 76 hectares of employment and circa 17,000 new homes up until 2031, as part of the newly adopted Telford & Wrekin Local Plan.
Being part of apT ensures you will be play a part in the development and creation of creative and positive places for those who live and work in Telford, building a safe and sustainable environment for future generations to enjoy.
To provide strategic and operational lead for the delivery of development particularly new housing working with landowners, developers, funders, external agencies, registered providers and with services across the Council’s to deliver innovative, practical solutions, advise on development of policy and financing, to unlock additional housing, maximise on financial opportunities including new homes bonus (NHB) and drive growth. To play a lead role driving our approach to become a ‘Business Supporting, Business Winning Council’ and in the delivery of the Council’s budget strategy.
- Experience of working in a commercial environment including within private sector
- Appropriate experience of operating at a similar management level
- Experience of building and delivering mixed funding packages to deliver priority outcomes
- Significant budget management experience including in relation to complex development projects
- Significant experience of analysing service performance and viability and developing improvement plans
- Substantial experience of co-ordinating and managing development delivery and delivering inward investment gained at a senior level within the public or private sector
- Experience of developing approaches and models to unlock development and promote the Borough to a wide range of potential investors
- Substantial experience of working with development and business partners to deliver support and investment Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Planning, Economics, Business Studies, Housing, Asset Management
- A relevant professional qualification for example Economic Development; Housing, Building, Personnel; Business Studies
- Evidence of continued professional development
For further information about this post please contact Valerie Hulme or Andrew Gittins on 01952 384555 or email email@example.com
We are committed to equality and diversity.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification