Teacher Support Assistant - Ref: TV58518
St. Chad's Academies Trust
POST REQUIRED : TEACHER SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Salary: £16,491 - £17,772 pro rata (Actual £9704.25 - £10453.35)
Contract: 25 HOURS TERM-TIME ONLY
Start Date : As soon as possible
Address : Stoke Minster C of E Primary Academy, Boothen Old Road, Stoke on Trent, ST4 4EE
Closing date for applications: Monday 17th December at 5pm
Shortlisting: Wednesday 19th December
Interviews will take place on: Monday 14th January 2019
Please request an application pack from: - Mrs Anne-Marie Brindley (School Business Manager) via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and return all completed applications to the same address
Stoke Minster Church of England Primary Academy are seeking to recruit 2 Teacher Support Assistants to support pupils in a Key Stage 2. This would be an ideal opportunity for graduates who are considering teaching in the longer term.
The candidates will need to be able to work alongside the teacher in the classroom and also support the specific needs of the individual pupils.
Some experience of working with children is essential. Experience in Key Stage 2 is preferable although consideration will be given to all applicants.
Our ideal candidate will:
- work with the teacher in the planning and delivery of learning activities in order to develop children’s knowledge and understanding
- have good literacy and mathematical skills
- build relationships with children and parents to develop positive links between home and school
- be caring and want the best possible outcomes for our children
- be hard working and adaptable to change
- have a willingness to receive further CPD as and when required
- be able to work under their own initiative as well as part of a team
- be smartly presented and with excellent time management skills
We can offer:
- flexible training routes into teaching in the future
- a supportive environment
- quality CPD opportunities
The academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/ vulnerable adults and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
St Chad’s Academies Trust is committed and working towards equal opportunity in employment.