CSE Youth Worker
Based within the Horizon team. To lead, develop and deliver youth work interventions to the most vulnerable young people, in particular, those affected or at risk of being affected by child sexual exploitation, while assisting in carrying out return home interviews.
• JNC Professional Qualification in Youth Work
• Minimum 12 month post qualification experience
• Knowledge of relevant evidence base for youth work interventions & practice
• issues affecting young people and families; including the signs and risks of abuse, including sexual exploitation
• Awareness of issues affecting young people and families, including inequality of treatment relating to race, gender, disability, social & economic circumstance and sexual orientation
• Developed written & verbal communication skills e.g. the ability to engage with and communicate with a diverse range of children, young people and their families including those with complex and communication needs
An exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a specialist CSE Youth Worker to the award winning CSE Horzion Team. Your role will be to work with young people at risk of CSE or young people who are victims of CSE to reduce their risk by delivering intervention programmes and providing support. The role also involves you carrying out return home interviews with young people who have returned home after a period of being missing.
Standard 37 hours per week
Thursday 10th and Friday 11th January 2019
Coventry City Council is committed to delivering the best possible services and improving the quality of life for Coventry people. In order to do this effectively we aim to have a workforce that represents the diverse community we serve, embracing and utilising the broad range of skills, experiences and perspectives this brings.
We are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for all. This includes making adjustments or changes for people who have a disability or long-term health condition.
In return, we can offer you an excellent pension scheme, flexible working, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
When recruiting we review candidates against our Behaviour Framework. To find out more information about the Behaviour Framework please click here.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf