Temporary 1:1 Teaching Assistant (Mornings)
Temporary 1:1 Teaching Assistant (part-time) for one year in the first instance.
23.33 hours per week (Mornings – 8.20 am – 1.00pm, Monday to Friday), term time only plus teacher training days
Grade 3- £17,173 - £18,870 per annum (£9,354 - £10,279pa, pro rata to hours and weeks worked)
Required to start as soon as possible
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant, to work 1:1 with a small number of pupils, as part of our friendly and hardworking team. Our support staff team is integral to the school’s vision to ensure that all children achieve their full potential in all aspects of school life and you would be part of our drive to achieve an outstanding quality of education for every child.
You will perform a key role in supporting children’s learning in all its aspects. With the support of the team you will work directly with designated pupils, prepare resources, deliver interventions and support the children on a 1:1 basis enabling the children to blossom and grow into confident, capable, independent and successful learners.
The successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working with children across the primary age range, ideally including in reception as the designated children will be in reception
- Recent experience of working with SEN pupils.
- Knowledge and understanding of child development.
- A desire to further develop their skills.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- An approachable and resilient attitude
- A passion for supporting children to be the best they can be.
As a large, three form entry primary school working as part of a multi-academy trust, we can offer:
- High quality, ongoing professional development as part of the Castle Phoenix Multi-Academy Trust and Teaching School Alliance;
- A supportive, friendly and hardworking staff team who are united in their drive to achieve the very best outcomes for every child;
- Friendly, happy and well-behaved children who are keen and eager to learn
- A commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition
- A range of benefits which includes cycle to work, the provision of a laptop, free parking and an employee discount scheme.
If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can really make a difference, this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
You will have access to an excellent support network through our hardworking, committed staff and continuous professional development during your time with us. All Teaching Assistants benefit from fortnightly training related to their role in school as well as access to CPD opportunities beyond the school.
These posts would suit an experienced Teaching Assistant or someone looking to enter teaching. Graduates seeking school-based experience prior to applying for a PGCE or School Direct opportunity are welcome to apply.
Vsits and applications: The headteacher, Dawn Wilson, would be delighted to meet you and talk about the opportunity, please email HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk to book onto a visit.
Application packs are available to download on www.wmjobs.co.uk www.tes.co.uk www.hillfarmprimary.co.uk; https://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/ or by email from Emma Over, Trust HR Director, HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk Completed forms are returnable to Emma via email on HumanResources@caludoncastle.co.uk
Closing date: 9:00am on Friday 14 December 2018
Inspiring children, improving lives
Hill Farm Primary School is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance