Raising Achievement Mentor
Raising Achievement Mentor
£17,007-£19,446 pro rata
Hours per week: 36.5
Work Pattern: Term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
QUEENSBRIDGE SECONDARY SCHOOL, Alcester Road, Birmingham, B13 8QB, Telephone Number: 0121 464 5566, Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a graduate (any specialism) thinking about a career in education?
Would you welcome the opportunity to utilise your graduate knowledge in the classroom environment, directly impacting on the progress of young people?
Queensbridge School is an 11 - 16 comprehensive, friendly and oversubscribed Foundation School of 900 pupils.
Ofsted has graded the school as ‘outstanding’ in all categories and identified ‘…..”Its highly imaginative and innovative curriculum” where “students make outstanding and rapid progress”.
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen and we are seeking to strengthen and increase our team through the appointment of recent graduate. Specifically you will have degree level of education and will genuinely want to make a difference in supporting pupils through the academic challenge of the new 9 to 1 examination system. You will be
expected to work across the school individually and/or with groups and in classes and contribute to the Wider Learning strategy. You will also work with a range of talented teachers, you will support pupil learning and get a first hand insight into what is required to be an excellent classroom practitioner.
• Strong communication and organisational
• Commitment to education and ensuring equal opportunities
• Previous experience with children or young people, particularly in SEN extremely advantageous
• You will need empathy, patience and resilience
About the Role:
• 1:1 and small group interventions with pupils
• Classroom support to ensure pupils are making rapid progress
• You will help pupils overcome social, emotional and mental health barriers to learning
• You will have the opportunity to take on elements of cover when you become more confident
About the School:
• Small, warm and welcoming secondary school located in South Birmingham
• Incredibly supportive SENDCO and SLT
• Excellent CPD and training for all staff
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Closing Date: 13/12/2018, 12:00
Interviews: week commencing 17 December 2018
Informal visits to our school welcome.
Should you require an application form or further information about the school please go to www.queensbridge.bham.sch.uk.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.