Civil Resilience Team
£30,756 - £33,136 per annum
30 hours per week
Telford & Wrekin Council is seeking an experienced individual for this interesting, specialist role, to ensure that the Council responds effectively to emergencies in compliance with the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The post holder will be a key member of the Civil Resilience Team, supporting the Council’s response to incidents and emergencies, preparing plans and delivering training, linking with other agencies through the West Mercia Local Resilience Forum. The team also supports the resilience of the organisation through the business continuity planning process.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or equivalent level of education, with an ambition to gain a specific qualification in Emergency Planning or hold a specific qualification in Emergency Planning.
- Experience in Emergency Planning and/or similar functions within local government, a public agency or a large industrial company.
- Substantial knowledge required to provide civil resilience, emergency planning and business continuity advice in a local government context.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the aptitude to deliver training.
The post holder will need the ability to:
- Work flexibly as part of a team in a busy environment and sometimes under extreme pressure.
- Communicate effectively at all levels including senior management and across agencies.
- Work accurately and efficiently on his/her own initiative
Please note employees who are at risk will be considered first for this position. Only if an appointment is not made will other candidates be considered.
We are committed to equality and diversity. Posts working with children or vulnerable groups will be subject to an appropriate criminal records check.
Sorry but CVs will not be accepted.
Job Description & Person Specification