1:1 Teaching Assistant - Level 2
4 days left
We are seeking to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in KS2 who has a diagnosis of attachment difficulty from January 2019. This will be on a fixed term contract until the end of the academic year.
You will be a caring committed person who has some experience of not only working with children with complex learning difficulties but can demonstrate an understanding of their social, emotional and developmental needs. The hours of work will be 26 hour, 15 minutes per week based on term time (plus training days).
At St. Paul's we are committed to outstanding standing and learning within a caring, Christian environment and are looking for someone to join our dedicated, friendly and hardworking team of staff and governors.
- Have experience of working with SEN pupils.
- Have a genuine interest in teaching and supporting SEN pupils.
- Be able to deal with challenging behaviour.
- Have a patient and creative approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of how children develop.
- A calm approach and ability to engage and support learning of a child with complex needs.
- Good communication skills with class teacher, SENDCo team and parents as appropriate.
- Is conscientious, hard working and enthusiastic.
- NVQ Level 2.
- Trained in Team Teach is desirable.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 20th December 2018 at 12 noon. Interviews will be held w/comm 7th January 2019 and the successful candidate will start as soon as possible following completion of all pre-employment checks.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Mrs Leah Glenn (Business Manager)
Post: Mr Carl Thornton - Head Teacher
St. Paul's C of E Primary School
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
To this end we adhere to robust safeguarding recruitment procedures and the post will be dependent upon an enhanced DBS disclosure and at least two suitable written references.Supporting documents