ICT Desktop Technician
5 days left
£21,074 - £23,111 per annum
37 hours per week
ICT Department, Hindlip Park
Two permanent opportunities have arisen in the ICT department, based at Service Headquarters, Hindlip Park.
The role of ICT Desktop Technician is to provide 2nd level support to HWFRS users in a mixed full/thin/mobile client environment. The post holder will assist the IT Help Desk with the diagnosis, support and troubleshooting of desktop and software application issues. The post holder will also assist with the maintenance and deployment of new IT equipment throughout the Service and provide support as requested on high profile initiatives which require ICT involvement and assistance
The ideal applicant will be in possession of a recognised computing qualification at HNC level or equivalent experience, with industry qualifications, such as Microsoft, Cisco and ITIL as desirable.
Experience and skills
- Experience in supporting a comprehensive range of ICT services in a business environment. Knowledge of cloud services and SaaS operating models would be highly desirable.
- A good working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows desktop platform.
- Experience in creating and administering user accounts and user groups within Microsoft Active Directory.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows file, folder and network shares permissions.
- Practical knowledge/understanding of desktop computing hardware and technologies.
- Experience of working with data networks, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Ethernet networking.
- Experience of working with utility programs such as anti-virus, anti-spam, backup etc.
- Organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- The ability to support senior technical colleagues in ICT technical projects.
- The ability to identify technical problems and offer logical solutions.
The successful applicants will be required to undergo a vetting check and be in possession of a current driving licence.
Every day we're helping to save lives and keep the community safe - and not only by fighting fires. Behind the scenes at Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service, there are lots of other roles that people don't see, helping to provide vital functions to keep us an efficient and effective Fire and Rescue Service.
Reasons to Join Us
- 26 days annual leave entitlement increasing to 31 days after five years’ continuous service (plus bank holidays).
- Access to a local government pension scheme.
- Flexi-time scheme allowing you to have an element of flexibility over your working hours.
The closing date for applications is midday Friday 21 December 2018.Supporting documents
Candidate Guidance notes