Part-Time Assistant Headteacher - ref: TV59918
St. James Primary School, Great Charles Street, Brownhills, WS8 6AE
Part Time Assistant Head Teacher with a responsibility for SEND provision
Leadership Scale 2 – 6
Required for Easter 2019 (or earlier)*
*we would be willing to wait until September 2019 for the right applicant
St James Primary School is a GOOD school. Following our recent successful inspection (September 18) governors would like to appoint a part time Assistant Head Teacher with a responsibility for SEND as well as taking on a whole school leadership role.
These are exciting times for St James - the successful candidate will play a leading role in shaping the future and the running of the school. We seek an enthusiastic, motived, driven team player – who has high expectations (and aspirations) of not only the children that they work with but of themselves and others too.
The position may involve some teaching across the school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs.
- Have the passion to engage, motivate and support children, staff, parents and carers.
- Be an outstanding practitioner.
- Have excellent communication, organisational and management skills.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills.
- Have a vision of what high quality SEND provision looks like – and be able to implement this vision.
- Want to make a difference.
- Not be the ‘finished article’ – we understand that you like us could be on a journey to becoming outstanding and will be willing to undertake any training necessary in order to support the raising of standards at St James.
We can offer:
- A ‘Good’ recently inspected school that holds the child at the centre of all that it does.
- An enthusiastic, hardworking, happy environment where children, colleagues, parents and governors are all striving to raise standards further.
- A supportive leadership team with a vision for moving the school on its upward journey.
- A post that is not class based – allowing time to lead and manage.
- Training towards nationally recognised awards as necessary (i.e. NPQSL, NASENCo).
- The opportunity to work with other local schools.
If you feel that this could be the role for you then please get in touch – you could be the cog that gets the wheel turning!
Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Application packs are available from and returnable to the school.
Closing date 18/1/19 @ 12pm
Interviews W/C 28.1.11
For further information or to arrange a visit please contact the school office on 01543 452328 or email email@example.com
St. James is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and external agencies to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We are committed to Equal Opportunities.