Technical Support Assistant (Waste) - 15 hours per week
Worcester is a great place to work. We have a thriving city centre, investment by cutting edge technology companies, a great wealth of history, a fantastic environment making it somewhere to be proud of.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside, Worcester has a history spanning more than 2,000 years. Its rich heritage includes the 12th Century Cathedral and the Guildhall admired by monarchs from King George III to Queen Elizabeth II. Worcester offers a high quality of life with its rich and varied heritage, award winning parks, excellent schools and diverse range of shops and restaurants.
The city enjoys a strong sporting reputation based on top flight cricket and rugby clubs, a centrally located racecourse and major annual running and cycling events. Worcester has a strong cultural and musical life and is the birthplace of Elgar, one of England’s most celebrated composers.
At Worcester City Council, we are committed to seeking excellence in everything we do as we strive for the coveted Investors in Accreditation standard.
Benefits to you:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata for part time employees (rising to 30 days with 5 years of local government service)
- Generous pension scheme
- Support for training and professional development
- Subsidised leisure facilities and employee discounts in local stores
- Free confidential employee assistance programme, available 24 hours a day
This new role within the Environmental Operations team is 15 hours per week and will see you report to the waste services technical supervisor where your administration skills will give support to the waste service and help deliver both a high quality customer service and ensure that internally the team is supported in regards to key operational administration tasks.
The successful applicant will be required to have a good level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills, be able to produce reports and use applications such as Microsoft Office, as well as:
- Experience of keeping good records and writing incident reports as needed
- An ability to remain calm under pressure and self prioritise work loads
- An ability to exercise professional judgement and discretion
For more information please contact Guy Powell on 07584 205496 or email@example.com
Closing date: 13th January 2019
Interview date: To be confirmedSupporting documents
EO4122 Technical Support Assistant (Environmental Operations).pdf