Communication and Business System Team Manager
Carers Trust Solihull is a local charity supporting people on their caring journey. We have a number of exciting opportunities for dynamic and experienced individuals to make a real difference to the life chances of carers of all ages living in Solihull. We are looking for skilled, experienced and/or qualified staff to join our team and support our carer friendly community agenda.
Job Description/Person Specification
Post: Communication and Business System Team Manager
Hours: 25 Hours a week
You will lead dynamic and dedicated communications and Business System Team delivering a range of communication, training, financial, and business systems services to CTS’s All Ages Carers support functions. You will support the delivery of services, providing information, advice, and training that maximizes carers learning and online experiences.
You will work with the leadership team to enable workforce efficiency by ensuring business IT, Telephony, and other supplier contracts systems; Charitylog (performance reporting), the “Carers Academy” (training), “Carers Interactive” (web-based carer communications), ISO 2000 (quality assurance audits), financial budgeting and bookkeeping are in place and continuously improve.
- FUNCTIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE
- To ensure regular reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Treasurer, Team Managers, and Trustees regarding income and expenditure, assist in the preparation of annual budgets and funding bids, and monitor CTS performance against financial targets.
- Oversee a bookkeeper in the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date, financial records, invoices, payroll, expenses, etc. as required, ensuring an overview on all income.
- Manage the provision of up-to-date copies of current policies, procedures, external and internal minutes and action plans of Trustee meetings and other relevant documentation on behalf of the CEO.
- Overall responsibility for the CTS communication strategy and the integrity of CTS’ brand, ensuring quality publicity, press, and media engagement, a consistency of messaging across the service. Over seeing staff delivering the “Carers Training Academy”, and “Carers Web-based Interactive”, Newsletters, Information packs, and other briefings.
- Ensure the updating and compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Ensuring performance reporting to SMBC via QUPOP, Trustees, payments to contracted third parties, the annual report to company’s house, and a program of policy updates and DBS staff reminders and renewals.
- Ensuring the minuting and administration of Trustees Meetings from within CBST resources as directed by the Chief Officer.
- Assist in writing policy and procedures relevant to this role or Team functions, and other functions relating to governance as directed by the Chair of Trustees or the Chief Officer.
- Be the usual first point of contact and liaison in premises related matters between CTS, landlords, contractors, suppliers, and suppliers of services undertaking actions or delegating within the team.
- Ensure Trustees, staff or volunteers have access to training, induction or equipment to undertake their roles.
- Ensure meetings and supervision of staff and volunteers providing vital functions under the direction of the C&BST Manager ensuring cover during periods of leave/absence.
- Ensure C&BST staff develop the website, database, training programmes and other electronic communication systems with an ethos of continuous improvement in conjunction with the CEO and leadership team.
- Liaise with contractors to maintain IT facilities and ensure service needs are met and kept up to date, providing assistance to individual staff members who require help using IT applications
- Ensure systems to monitor the ordering of supplies of equipment and consumables, ensuring best value and that CTS’ financial procedures are followed.
- To ensure a staff database for job descriptions, contracts, sickness, changes in pay and working arrangements, etc.
- To be a part of the Quality and Senior Leadership team participating in all strategic and operational decision making and ensuring the smooth running of CTS.
- Under the direction of the Chief Officer ensure the administration of contracts recruitment and staff leavers.
- Other appropriate duties as directed by the Chief Officer.
- FUNCTIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL STAFF:
- Contribute to the development and achievement of CTS strategic quality service objectives
- Promote the good image of CTS by being an excellent ambassador of CTS when meeting with carers, members of the public or representing CTS in meetings with other organisations.
- Adhere to CTS policies and procedures
- To actively promote the non-discriminatory practice, equality of opportunities and diversity of perspectives
- To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of Carers Trust Solihull services and activities
- Contribute to fundraising by contributing to bid writing etc.
- To work positively and flexibly as part of the CTS team
- To attend and participate in necessary internal staff meetings
- Use CTS income wisely and within your authority
- Support volunteers in tasks linked to your work
- Participate in appropriate training
- To service one’s own work
- To undertake other tasks as required.
- Duties of all CTS staff are periodically reviewed and may alter in line with service requirements and developments in consultation with staff.
- Work conditions applicable to this post:
- Mainly office based
- Some travel may be necessary
- Some flexibility in times/ days of work required
- Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and/or Chair of Trustees as required.
- Key performance indicators will include:
- CTS is compliant with governance legislation on behalf of the Chief Officer
- Trustees are supported to fulfill their functions
- CTS has sound financial management practices that meet the necessary audit standards in accordance with its policies and procedures
- Ensuring C&BST staff annual work programmes
- Ensure all CTS staff are properly equipped to deliver their service
- Effective contribution to our communications with carers
- Other Volunteers and staff are competent in covering functions under the remit of the C&BST Manager
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Contribution to the leadership team and to the work of the Chief Officer
- Decision-making level – operating within relevant policies and procedures.
6.1 Chief Executive Officer
6.2 CTS Team Managers (Adults and children)
6.3 CBS Team members (Bookkeeper, Carers Academy and Carers Interactive coordinators, Information System Officer, and allied admin volunteers)
6.4 All staff, particularly the Leadership Team
6.5 Chair of Trustees, Treasurer other Trustees
6.6 Volunteers undertaking any of the role’s delegated functions.
6.7 Volunteers involved in any of the role’s functions
6.8 Landlords of the premises
6.9 Suppliers and contractors
6.10 Accountant, Charity Commission, and banks
6.11 Training providers
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
Specific to this role
7.1 Excellent Communication skills and knowledge
7.2 Excellent staff supervision and human resources skills
7.3 Experience of report writing and advanced minute taking
7.4 Able to demonstrate IT skills - all office applications - to others
7.5 Knowledge of Digital and Web-based solutions
7.6 Proven experience of financial budgeting and regulations
7.7 Proven problem-solving ability
7.8 Excellent project and time management skills
7.9 Well organised and able to work under pressure
7.10 Able to network and make new external contacts
7.11 Car owner and valid license
7.12 Ability to travel to other locations in the borough
7.13 Flexible and able to multi-task
7.14 Experience of Carer services or working with similar organisational practices
7.15 Relevant qualifications training
7.16 Local knowledge of Solihull
7.18 Prior Training, coordination and trainer experience.
7.19 Experience of report writing and or Executive minute taking at a high level
7.20 Experience of working to policies and procedures
7.21 Knowledge of payroll or book-keeping experience
7.22 Relevant qualifications training
7.2.3 Senior administrative position in a charity
- Applicable to all staff
8.1 Positive attitude
8.2 Emotionally resilient
8.3 Non-judgemental and respectful of others
8.4 Commitment to equality and diversity
8.5 Respectful of confidentiality
8.6 Excellent team player
8.7 Appropriate sense of humour
8.8 Approachable and sensitive to issues
8.9 Empathetic with an understanding of caring
8.10 Approachable and able to be sensitive
8.11 Able to work on own initiative within the boundaries of the role