Carers Trust Solihull is a local charity supporting people on their caring journey. We have a number of exciting opportunities for dynamic and experienced individuals to make a real difference to the life chances of carers of all ages living in Solihull. We are looking for skilled, experienced and/or qualified staff to join our team and support our carer friendly community agenda.
To recruit, train and retain a team of volunteers to support the overall work of Carers Trust Solihull (CTS). To champion the roles of volunteers and their development, devising and working to a volunteer recruitment strategy. To ensure recruitment targets are met and volunteers assessed inducted, deployed, and trained. To ensure suitable on the job supervision from the staff they are matched too.
To support the leadership team in the delivery of services that provide information, advice, and training that maximizes carers learning and online experiences. You will support volunteers/carers to maintain or improve their own health and wellbeing within their caring role. To support carers to recognise and achieve their potential, including remaining in education or employment.
- FUNCTIONS SPECIFIC TO THIS ROLE
- Develop a range of written materials to support the overall function of the post for example recruitment materials, policies relevant to support volunteers, training materials, evaluation materials. This would be with support from the Chief Executive. Recruit and manage a range of volunteers in accordance with the Centre’s Equality and Diversity Policy and recruitment requirements such as CRB checks, references etc., and service needs.
- To deliver core volunteer induction courses and training specific to the role to be undertaken.
- Enable volunteers to achieve external accreditation of skills and knowledge.
- Match volunteers to suitable placements within the organisation, liaising with other staff members to identify the needs of the organisation.
- Carry out a programme of regular support and supervision for the volunteers.
- Hold volunteer meetings.
- Attend inter-agency meetings, training, and events concerning volunteering.
- Monitor and evaluate the outputs and outcomes of the service.
- To involve volunteers in decision making within the organisation.
- In conjunction with Chief Officer, ensure the volunteer service stays within budget.
- To support CTS’s leadership team’s smooth running of services by highlighting volunteering issues, helping to implement strategic plans and providing cover for colleagues as required.
- Other duties as agreed by the Chief Officer.
- FUNCTIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL STAFF:
- Contribute to the development and achievement of CTS strategic quality service objectives
- Promote the good image of CTS by being an excellent ambassador of CTS when meeting with carers, members of the public or representing CTS in meetings with other organisations.
- Adhere to CTS policies and procedures
- To actively promote the non-discriminatory practice, equality of opportunities and diversity of perspectives
- To ensure the smooth day-to-day running of Carers Trust Solihull services and activities
- Contribute to fundraising by contributing to bid writing etc.
- To work positively and flexibly as part of the CTS team
- To attend and participate in necessary internal staff meetings
- Use CTS income wisely and within your authority
- Support volunteers in tasks linked to your work
- Participate in appropriate training
- To service one’s own work
- To undertake other tasks as required.
- Duties of all CTS staff are periodically reviewed and may alter in line with service requirements and developments in consultation with staff.
- Work conditions applicable to this post:
- Mainly office based but with regular travel across the Borough.
- Some flexibility in times/ days of work required
Reporting to Chief Officer on key performance indicators which will include:
- A diverse range of volunteers recruited, trained and retained.
- Successful contribution by volunteers over a range of the Centre’s activities.
- Networking with other agencies.
- Championship skills and contribution to the overall running of the organisation.
- Contribution to the overall aims of CTS.
- Evidence of meeting or exceeding these person specification requirements.
- Decision-making level –decisions linked to the use of volunteers within CTS.
- Key performance indicators will include:
- Adherence to policies and procedures
- Contribution to the leadership team and to the work of the Chief Officer.
- Decision-making level – operating within relevant policies and procedures.
6.1 Chief Executive Officer
6.2 CTS Team Managers (Adults and children)
6.3 Volunteers undertaking any of the role’s delegated functions.
6.4 Volunteers involved in any of the role’s functions
6.5 Potential volunteers
6.9 Other agencies linked with volunteering, training, and accreditation Landlords of the premises
- PERSON SPECIFICATION
Specific to this role
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written skills
- Good IT skills, e.g. email, PowerPoint, databases, word
- Good presentation skills
- Knowledge of Volunteer recruitment, development, and retention.
- Inspirational team leader
- Ability to facilitate team discussion
- Knowledge and skills in training and mentoring
- Proven problem-solving ability
- Able to network and make new external contacts
- Car owner with a valid license
- Excellent time management skills
- Good knowledge of Carers Trust Solihull services or previous experience of working in a similar organisation
- Experience of volunteer recruitment, development or assessment
- Previous experience of working as a successful volunteer coordinator or similar post
- Senior administrative position in a charity Relevant qualifications or training
- Local knowledge of Solihull
7.19 Experience of report writing and or Executive minute taking at a high level
7.20 Experience of working to policies and procedures
- Applicable to all staff
8.1 Positive attitude
8.2 Emotionally resilient
8.3 Non-judgemental and respectful of others
8.4 Commitment to equality and diversity
8.5 Respectful of confidentiality
8.6 Excellent team player
8.7 Appropriate sense of humour
8.8 Approachable and sensitive to issues
8.9 Empathetic with an understanding of caring
8.10 Approachable and able to be sensitive
8.11 Able to work on own initiative within the boundaries of the role