Grade: Band D £27,795 - £38,925
Directly responsible to: Policy Manager
Directly responsible for: N/A
Location: Office of the West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner, Lloyd House, Birmingham City Centre
Closing Date: 14th January at 5pm
This is a politically restricted post
This is an opportunity for a smart individual with experience in the field of policy, regeneration and economic development. You should have excellent experience of working with communities, businesses and partners to influence and develop effective and innovative projects. You will be effective at working across a range of multi-disciplinary organisations as well as having the ability to take forward specific policy areas such as drugs, criminal justice or economic development.
You need to be able to work as part of a team delivering the West Midlands Police and Crime Plan as well as on your own initiative, be able to undertake research, support & develop projects and initiatives which may cover a range of issues, and produce high quality briefings and reports which will contribute to the delivery of the Commissioner’s key priorities. You will need to demonstrate creative thinking, initiative and strategic awareness in the way you analyse issues and problem solve.
The West Midlands is a vibrant and diverse part of the country and the Police and Crime Commissioner is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from individuals of all backgrounds. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of diversity and human rights, and a personal commitment to promoting diversity and racial equality.
- Assist in the development and implementation of a wide range of policies, plans and strategies
- Provide advice to the Head of Policy and Commissioning, Chief Executive (CE) and colleagues in the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC) on aspects relating to strategic planning and performance
- Contribute to the implementation of the OPCC’s business planning process and performance management framework
- Monitor and update the OPCC business plan
- Influence, design and deliver projects that reflect our ambitions and stronger commitment to economic growth
- Identify and manage programmes and other opportunities to assist in the implementation of the Commissioners’ Economic Development Strategy.
- Develop relationships with key sub-regional and regional agencies and other strategic stakeholders in the planning and delivery of major regeneration projects.
- Contribute to the preparation, monitoring and review of the Police and Crime Plan
- Assist in the implementation of effective systems, practices, processes and procedures in relation to strategic planning and performance
- Analyse the internal and external environment to identify issues which will impact upon the delivery of the commissioners’ priorities
- Undertake research and analysis of datasets relating to the communities in the West Midlands to provide socio-demographic profiles to better target communication and engagement activities
- Support the delivery of research projects and analytical support
- Keep abreast of developments, policies, legislation and best practice etc to inform OPCC policy and practice (particularly in respect of strategic planning and performance)
- Develop, produce and present briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.