Business Support Officer
West Midlands Police and Crime Commissioner
Lloyd House, Colmore Circus Queenway, Birmingham, B4 6NQ
Business Support Officer - Band C £19,719- £26,802
Closing Date: Friday 18th January at 5pm.
An opportunity has arisen to join our busy Business Support Team. This is the ideal role for a highly articulate and well organised person with extensive experience of business administration.
You will be responsible for providing first class support to the Commissioner and to the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner by responding to contacts from the public, taking high quality notes at meetings and managing a variety of projects. You will work as part of a high performing team, but at times you will also be required to work successfully on your own initiative.
The West Midlands is a vibrant and diverse part of the country and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Applicants must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of diversity and human rights, and a personal commitment to promoting diversity and racial equality.
Main duties & responsibilites:
- Provide general administrative and business support to others within the OPCC
- Provide high quality assistance and advice across all platforms of communication e.g. telephone, face to face and written correspondence.
- Provide a reception service and support the receiving of and attending to visitors to the office.
- Undertake day to day administrative activities to ensure the effective running of the office, including ordering goods, administration of post and processing financial transactions
- Manage correspondence, including the preparation of high quality responses to complaints and compliments, casework, Data Protection and Freedom of Information requests
- Support the development of systems and maintain the agreed procedures for all requests for information, ensuring compliance
- Maintain and operate efficient and effective record keeping and filing systems ensuring they are updated and information is stored appropriately
- Organise and support events, conferences, meetings and briefings e.g. administration of, facilitation and minute taking etc.
- Liaise with a range of officials, individuals, stakeholders and organisations both internally and externally
- Produce documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations Support the OPCC in ensuring the Strategic Police and Crime Board and other accountability structures e.g. Committees, receive timely, relevant and evolving support in relation to administration, governance and transparency
- Provide administrative support to HR functions such as recruitment and the day to day implementation of office policies. Support the implementation of the Work Experience programme.