The Old Park School is an outstanding special school for up to 151 pupils aged 4-19. We provide a bespoke education for pupils who have severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. These include pupils with complex medical conditions, physical and mobility difficulties and autism. A number of our children have behavioural difficulties arising from their condition and many have communication difficulties. Our purpose built school building opened in November 2011. We have ‘state of the art’ facilities that enable us to offer our pupils the full range of the National Curriculum as well as a broad and balanced curriculum matched to the individual needs of pupils. The Old Park School is a very successful school and is renowned in the local community and beyond. The excellent work of the school has been recognised through three successive outstanding judgements by Ofsted.
Location: Old Park School Thorns Road Brierley Hill West Midlands DY5 2JY
Closing Date: 4th February 2019
Interviews will be held on 26th/27th February 2019
Governors are seeking an exceptional leader to continue the outstanding work of the school. The start date is 1st September 2019.
Are you our new Head Teacher?
The successful candidate will be:
• Experienced in working with children with relevant SEN(D) and their families.
• An innovative and creative thinker.
• Experienced in motivating staff and leading by example.
• Committed to school improvement through a coaching culture and partnership working.
• Flexible and positive about change.
• Calm and cool under pressure.
• Clear thinking in establishing and developing the school’s priorities and targets.
• Capable of budgetary oversight of the school’s finances.
The Old Park School will provide:
• A highly supportive, multi-professional team approach.
• The chance to nurture a brilliant group of children and young people.
• A dedicated, talented and committed staff team.
• A committed and experienced leadership team.
• A supportive governing board which is committed to your ongoing professional development.
Candidates are warmly invited to visit the School. To arrange a visit, please contact the School Office 01384 818905
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
The Old Park School values equality and diversity and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment practices, including an enhanced DBS check.
For further information, please contact Mr G Poole on 01384 818905 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team viaHR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance;https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/.
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk.
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk.Supporting documents