Estate Services are responsible for providing a variety of services contributing to the safety and appearance of the environment within and around Sandwell Council Estates.
Duties will include:
- To be part of a Borough wide Cleaning Service, providing a variety of cleaning tasks to communal areas within High and Low Rise blocks of flats, Sheltered Housing schemes and employee welfare facilities.
- To work individually or as part of a multiple disciplinary Borough-wide Cleaning Team to carry out a range of internal and external cleaning tasks, including dusting, suction cleaning, mopping, internal and external sweeping, floor buffing, wiping down walls, cleaning windows and frames and entry, internal doors, lifts etc as identified by the Estate Services Managers and/or Estate Services Supervisors.
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work anywhere within the Borough of Sandwell.
- Undertake duties with regards to safe methods of work; including knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations.
- Work as part of a team or on your own as required.
- Work with changing priorities and uncertainty.
The post holders must possess:
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- A basic knowledge of cleaning techniques.
Sandwell Council will pay all of its employees the current Living Wage rate, as a minimum, from 1 April 2018. The decision to pay a Living Wage supplement will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Previous applicants need not apply
32 hours per week
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.Supporting documents
Information for Job Applicants