Service Manager (Social Work)
At Cafcass we know why came into Social Work. To make a difference. To change lives. So you aim to be outstanding in all you do. We share your ambition.
Cafcass champions the interests of children in Family Court proceedings, advising the courts on each child’s interests based on their needs, wishes and feelings. In the last year we worked to safeguard and promote the welfare of over 130,000 of the most vulnerable children in our society, at a time of upheaval and uncertainty in their lives. And when Oftsted inspected us in early 2018, they rated us "outstanding", something we know you'll recognise as a great achievement but rest assured we continue to evolve for the benefit of our service users and staff.
Our Social Workers – which we call Family Court Advisers – require and deserve effective support from their Service Manager, which is where we hope you come in. This opportunity is based from our Coventry / National Business Centre office within our Early Intervention Team. If you join us you will be supporting a group of experienced staff who practice with service users before the first hearing in private law cases, covering the Coventry and Northampton areas. It is worth noting that technology is critical to how we work and this allows our frontline teams to work flexibly. Therefore, even if you aren't based in close proximity to our office in Coventry, the successful candidate may not be required to be in the office all of the time.
To be considered for this role you will;
- Have a HCPC recognised Social Work qualification Have supervisory and/or Practice Management experience in various settings
We also think you for you to succeed and truly make a difference you should be someone who has;
- Expert knowledge of children’s social work, including safeguarding, statutory and assessment frameworks
- A track record of highly effective practice management or supervisory experience
- Demonstrable experience of being a practice educator with the skills to continuously monitor, manage, develop and improve team and individual performance
- Proven ability to establish strong and effective networks with other agencies
- Experience of leading individuals and teams through change
Now we've told you about the role we hope you're ready to complete our short application process, including providing us with your current CV. Before you do, let us outline some of the benefits you'll be eligible for should you join us;
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Payment of HCPC fees
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Possible work flexibility
We hope you’ve decided this is a role you would like, if so click please complete our short application process. Alternatively, if you haven't already visited our careers site dedicated to our Social Work roles, where you can find out more about why and how being a Social Worker at Cafcass is different, go to Cafcass Careers or to view all of our vacancies go to Current Vacancies.
Finally, we'd like to highlight to you the timescale we are aiming to work to and some potential key dates for your diary:
Closing date: Thursday 17th January
Final interviews; Wednesday 23rd January (c90 minutes in Coventry)
Please note these dates are subject to change so don't be alarmed if we don't contact you when you might expect us to but rest assured we will be in touch as soon as we can.
If you would like the opportunity to informally discuss this vacancy with us before deciding to apply, you can contact the Assistant Director for this area, Alex Kemp, by email and provide your contact number and he will call you to have an informal chat with you. Alex's email is Alexander.Kemp@cafcass.gov.uk