Principal - Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School
The Directors, in partnership with the Academy Committee of Good Shepherd Catholic Primary School and the Archdiocese of Birmingham are seeking to appoint a strong leader, either a strong performing Assistant or Deputy Vice Principal, who has the vision to lead Good Shepherd as ‘one fold, one family, walking with Christ’.
Inspired by the Good Shepherd, the school is a worshipping community within the parish of St Elizabeth’s growing together in faith. The school was inspected in March 2018 and the Lead HMI stated “The strong Catholic values that permeate the school’s life promote a strong sense of belonging and engender deep moral awareness in pupils.” The school is on an upward journey of improvement, as demonstrated in the strong 2018 data outcomes. The school is well supported from the Multi-academy company to make rapid gains in all aspects of school life so children thrive and reach their God-given potential.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a practising Catholic committed to the ethos and purpose of Catholic education.
• Have a proven record of successful leadership which has secured improved outcomes for all children at whole school level.
• Be a team player and strategic thinker who enjoys a positive well-being and can evidence resilience
• Have a clear understanding and knowledge of a range of operational strategies to secure improved outcomes for pupils
• Have an analytical and robust approach to school improvement
• Have the ability to motivate staff, pupils and parents
• Be able to raise the profile of the school within the wider community and with the schools within Romero
Directors and Academy Representatives can offer:
• Wonderful children who are eager to learn in their journey of faith and learning
• A thriving community of faith, in the parish of St Elizabeth, where all children are valued and cared for
• A dedicated leadership and staff team committed to securing the best for all pupils
• A supportive Academy Committee who are keen to challenge and assist the school to achieve its mission and vision, with an allocated mentor to support you as a new Principal
• A collaborative network of Principals who will support, guide and assist you to improve the quality of educational provision at Good Shepherd through the partnership in Romero
• A forward-thinking MAC that provides HR and Finance, School to school support services, leadership development centrally so you can focus on leading Good Shepherd
For an application pack please see below or go to www.romeromac.com/vacancies or email Romero HR on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We warmly welcome and recommend potential applicants visit our school. To arrange a visit of the school or to have an informal chat about the school, please contact Helen Quinn, Catholic Senior Executive Leader on 024 76451888.
Required for September 2019
Closing Date: Monday 4 February at 12.00pm
School based assessment: Friday 8 February or Monday 11 February 2019
Interview: Week beginning Monday 11 February 2019
Previous applicants need not apply.
Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to criminal record checks from the Disclosure and Barring Service and requires you to disclose details of unspent and unfiltered reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions in any application.
Candidate Information Including Job Description and Person Specification.pdf
Letter to Applicants.pdf
Notes to Applicants.pdf
Recruitment Monitoring Form.doc
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 - Disclosure Form.doc